Saturday, December 22, 2018

The Travelling Word : Ecclesiastes 3:1

On the flight to Milwaukee, my team member and I volunteered to change flights.  The airline told us to name our price for a voucher.  I gave my number and my team member kept on talking until they gave us twice that.  (When aggression is rewarding.)
This morning, the airline asked us to change flights as a means of getting us home 3 hours earlier, and our flight was overbooked.  Once again, the team member began to bargain, but this time she was dealing with Akilah, lol!  She asked for a gift card, "No we aren't offering that."  She asked for first-class, "Nothing is available."  She asked for Comfort-Plus, "Okay, we have seating available."  She proceeded to request the same for our connection, and only received an exit row seat she requested.  I didn't receive a seat assignment.  My response through whole ordeal was, "I'm just ready to get home."
So when we landed in Detroit, I went to the gate agent to obtain my seat assignment, and it was in First Class!  I thanked God, and the gate agent.  Now my team member was LIVID!!  She proceeded to go the gate agent and demand a First Class seat or other concession with no success.  She even beckoned me to come up and let the agent check my original booking information.  I leaned back eating my Popeye's chicken biscuit, and said, "I'm gonna sit here and eat my breakfast.  That has nothing to do with me, and I'm still ready to get home."

Moral of the story:
There's a time for everything, and for everything there's a time.  Know when to speak up, and when to let things ride.  My Blessing came from keeping my mouth closed, and now I'm home!

No comments:

Post a Comment